Amid this Covid-19 pandemic, very few Filipinos have insurance. Most low to middle-income earner Filipinos rely on their PhilHealth membership for hospitalization. Besides the insurance PhilHealth provides, they don’t have any other option. But now they don’t need to fret! GCash is offering affordable insurance that has a low monthly premium. The monthly premium starts for as low as Php 39.00. Let me tell you more about it.
The GCash Insurance is an insurance offered to fully verified GCash users. This is a comprehensive Life, Personal Accident (PA), and Daily Hospital Income (DHI) insurance products. It provides financial protection in the event of hospitalization, accident, and/or death. It is powered by MicroEnsure, a company that offers affordable insurance products to uninsured people all over the world. And, underwritten by AXA which is one of the leading insurance companies.
There are a couple of insurance products available with a monthly premium that ranges from as low as Php 39 and as high as Php 440 for individuals. However, if you want to insure yourself and 2 of your family members monthly starts from Php 117 and as high as Php 1,320. You may refer to the table below for the complete list.
How to Get the Affordable GCash Insurance
Purchasing the insurance is very easy and you don’t need to line up. You simply need your phone and make sure you have enough balance in your GCash account. Then, you can follow the steps below.
- You must be within the age of 18 – 65.
- Also, you must be a verified GCash user. If you do not have an account yet then, just register in GCash. After registration, make sure to verify your account.
- Next, text the SMS code (e.g. INSUREME39) to 2158-9628 for Globe users or to 22565-9628 for non-Globe users. You may refer to the table below for the different SMS code.
- Once your insurance policy is processed, the insurance fee will be automatically deducted from your GCash balance. So, you must make sure that you have enough available balance to make a successful transaction.
- Lastly, wait for the text message from GCash confirming that you are insured. You will usually receive the confirmation text message after 1 – 2 days. Then, your GCash insurance protection will automatically renew every 30 days. And, the monthly premium of your subscription will be automatically deducted from your GCash balance.
How to Process Claims
Processing your claim is easy and no need to line up. Simply send an email to [email protected]. And, someone from the GCash team will reach out to you and guide you through the process. To make sure that your claim is processed right away, make sure to prepare your supporting documents. For further information, you may visit GCash website.